[dm-devel] More dm-crypt patches

Christophe Saout christophe at saout.de
Sun Jan 4 12:30:01 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 03.01.2004 schrieb Joe Thornber um 11:47:

> > I've folded my last changes on dm-crypt into a patchset (like Joe does).
>
> Excellent, this makes my job a lot easier.  I presume you found the
> 'pm' tool on my webpage ?

Yes, I've seen that, looks nice. But I actually didn't use it for this.
I did play a lot with the source and kept some copies from time to time.
I then used these copies to track my changes and clean them up.

Sometimes I find out that I've got very long shell commands in my bash
history (which grow over time) and I then decide to turm them into a
useful script. I always had some that dealt with your patchsets and so I
ended up with my own little tool. ;)

Well, keeping a copy of the whole kernel around for every change isn't
really an option. I'll always use what comes in handy.

BTW: If you're interested in a tool that creates large BIOs, I've
attached a small test program that uses Direct-IO. It doesn't actually
write something useful, just some random memory.

If you use it on top of a striped target with large and odd sector
numbers and offsets you'll end up having all kind of BIOs, not just the
usual page sized ones with only a single bvec.