Re: [dm-devel] Re: Is there a grand plan for FC failover?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 12:47:56PM -0800, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> [cc-ing dm-devel]
> If we end up passing all the scsi information up to dm, and it does the
> same things that we already do in scsi (or in block), what is the point of
> putting the code into a separate layer?

I don't know anything about the scsi layer, so I'm not sure exactly
what the information is that you're after.  Is this information just
used for path selction ?  If so a scsi specific path-selector could be
written that plugs into the core multipath code.

- Joe