[dm-devel] dm-crypt and uml?

Lars Bensmann lars at almosthappy.de
Sat Jul 10 13:37:45 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've been using dm-crypt for a couple of weeks now and am pretty
content.

But a couple of days ago I was having troubles with my user-mode-linux
machine.

UML mounts a certain directory via hostfs from my host machine which is
running dm-crypt on top of LVM. This works "somehow". A "ls -al" will
reveal a single line with "total 0" and no entries. Not even "." or
"..". But I can cd into directories I know that exist and I can even
copy files. But as you can imagine operating blindly is not really
helping productivity.

For now I have moved the hostfs-mounted directory off the dm-crypt
partition, but I was wondering if this bug was known and wanted to
report it.

Bye,
Lars

P.S. Please CC me, because I'm not subscribed to this list. Thanks.

--
-- CLOSED FOR TAGLINE DEVELOPMENT --