[dm-devel] failed multipaths are never re-validated

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 12:23:21 UTC 2004

> It took a lot of work, but I think your problems are dealt with.

Success! It all works.  The paths all failover when the fabric goes away,
and all get added back when the fabric it re-appears.

The only problem I had was that multipathd crashes on startup if it is
compiled with -O2 on ia64. Compiling the deamon without optimisation
solves the problem.

I've not been able to test a controller failure; the HSVs I'm running
against are in production for other systems. However, I should have access
to a dedicated pair of HSV in a few weeks, so I'll be able to do the test
I'll be able to test breaking the controller.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Guy

--
Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK