[dm-devel] device mapper API help

Hi,

Is there any device-mapper or libdevmapper documentation? If so, please point me to some, it might answer my question.

Looking over the control node kernel IOCTL code, it seems that given a block device major/minor, there is no direct way to find out the device-mapper name or uuid, unless I've missed something.

Does it make sense to have this? Would it make sense for the dm block devices to support such an IOCTL, so a simple ioctl() on a block device would reveal it's device-mapper id?

I've seen some ways to do this, and it's a huge ammount of (userspace) code for what is probably a 3 line ioctl. Would a patch be welcome?

Regards,
--
Jeremy Jackson
Coplanar Networks