[dm-devel] Re: ATARAID/FakeRAID/HPTRAID/PDCRAID as dm targets?

- Would an EVMS plugin or a simple script calling dmsetup be the way to
go? If I go the dmsetup route, is there any chance to get partition
detection on top of the ATARAID for free (by calling another dm tool)?

This was posted a while back; I don't know what the status of it being merged into util-linux is.

http://lwn.net/Articles/13958/

Christophe V.: What is the currrent status of your work?

It mutated into kpartx, as I ported the compilation to klibc.
It is functionaly unchanged since that LWN report.

I know it works for partitioned multipath devmaps, partitioned loops, partioned md ...

It needs more testing and a lot of integration thinking.

regards,
cvaroqui