[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.1.5

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 22:05:41 UTC 2004

Here goes 0.1.5, featuring :

         * kpartx to manage the nested bdevs such as /dev/cciss/c0d0.
           parts are named sysfs style : cciss!c0d0p*
         * kpartx loop support
         * kpartx do DM updates if part maps already present
         * merge kpartx for partitioned multipath support
         * add get_null_uid to getuid methods. assign it the "0" index
           devices with this getuid are thus ignored by multipath.
           warning : change /etc/multipath.conf (get_evpd_wwid == 1)
         * mv all_scsi_ids out of the 2.6 code path, into the 2.4 one
         * unlink runfile on malloc exit path
         * update multipath manpage (MikeC)

As one can see, the big thing is the kpartx merging.
I don't really know if multipath-tools is the right place for this,
because its scope of action is quite large ... but I know I need it for
partitioned multipaths, so.

kpartx is know to successfuly map devmaps upon partioned :

	* sd & hd
	* devmaps (stacking) : multipath for example
	* cciss raid devs (with sysfs naming)
	* files (auto set_loop, lomount plagiarism)
	* loops (naturaly)

Not tested but certainly working : MD, nbd, ...

As usual, untar into udev-02?/extras/ to compile.

DL:
http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/multipath-tools/multipath-tools-0.1.5.tar.bz2
DOC: http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/

regards,