Re: [dm-devel] 2.6.10-rc1-udm1: multipath work in progress

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 05:17:24PM +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> Makes at least sense for the dm-hw-handler, but the path-selector may
> have some good reasons for keeping some data on a per-path basis.

The path selector abstractions are a bit confused but workable.
(whether a path is active or not may be stored in 2 places
independently, which I don't like)

I'd like to see more examples of what people want to use them for.
[So far, blind round robin + load-balancing by peeking at
device queues.]

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com