[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.0

Dave Olien dmo at osdl.org
Thu Oct 7 20:01:43 UTC 2004

Christophe,

I downloaded your new multipath tools, and they seem to have solved a problem
I was having with the previous version.

The only difficulty I had was with the new klibc version (klibc-0.181).
For i386 architecture, it compiles by default with -mregparm=3, to
pass arguments in registers.

But with my version of compiler (gcc 3.2.2), the rest of the multipath
libraries and utilities were compiled to pass arguments on the stack.
So the resulting binaries segfault the first time they call a klibc library.

I modified the klibc/klibc/arch/i386/MCONFIG file to compile with
stack argument passing, and everything works great.

Is there a compiler version now that by default passes arguments
in registers?

Thanks!
Dave Olien