Re: [dm-devel] [multipath] SCSI device capacity mess

On 2004-10-27T17:57:21, James Bottomley <James Bottomley SteelEye com> wrote:

> It's not occasional, it happens every time a single machine in the
> cluster reboots and the HSG80 can take a while to transfer luns.
> Configure one with several hundred luns in a 32 node cluster and you'll
> see why this flag exists...

While we are at that, ghost (or non-active) paths lead to _tons_ of
errors while the kernel stubbornly tries to read the partition table,
totally flooding any useful information out of the kernel buffers.

Can't we do a test-unit-ready before trying to read and then just not
read the partition table w/o so much noise?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb suse de>

--
High Availability & Clustering