[dm-devel] multipath.conf aliases

Virgilio, Vincent Vincent.Virgilio at itt.com
Thu Oct 28 19:39:22 UTC 2004

Problem solved.  I had to edit multipath.rules distributed with
Multipath; I removed the colon between the major and minor device
numbers provided as arguments to /dev/devmap_names.

Oila, /dev/lun[0,1,2] appeared as links.

Here are the contents of /etc/udev/rules.d after the edit:

# multipath wants the devmaps presented as meaninglful device names
# so name them after their devmap name
KERNEL="dm-[0-9]*", PROGRAM="/sbin/devmap_name %M %m", NAME="%k",
SYMLINK="%c"

Vince Virgilio

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.