[dm-devel] pre8

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Apr 6 06:32:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:32:23PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> I appear to have almost succeeded in squeezing 0.4.4-pre8 into
> RHEL4 U1, but I doubt I'll be allowed any more updates now except
> for severe bugs.

Just to let you you know what I think is still needed before 0.4.4 :

o memory allocation error paths audit (mostly done in pre9)
o don't loose events in multipathd
o /dev/shm/cache has the same security problems you spotted in /tmp

I guess this last item will help justify your upgrading to 0.4.4

Regards,
cvaroqui