Re: [dm-devel] pre8

Christophe Varoqui wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:32:23PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

I appear to have almost succeeded in squeezing 0.4.4-pre8 into RHEL4 U1, but I doubt I'll be allowed any more updates now except for severe bugs.

Just to let you you know what I think is still needed before 0.4.4 :

o memory allocation error paths audit (mostly done in pre9)

The pathcheckers use sgio, right? The block layer sg io code does some allocations with GFP_KERNEL (bio_copy_user and bio_map_user for example), so if you are relying on that path for failback I think you will be in trouble.

o don't loose events in multipathd
o /dev/shm/cache has the same security problems you spotted in /tmp

I guess this last item will help justify your upgrading to 0.4.4

dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel redhat com