[dm-devel] kcopyd_client_create. allocate memory fail

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Wed Apr 13 14:41:17 UTC 2005

Hi folks

I knew this is reported before but seems no much discussion on it.

I met a failure when creating 18th snapshot on my volume. the error is
in kcopyd_client_create(), seems alloc_page fails. i know there is 1MB
ram for each dm snapshot, but this is only 18th snapshot, so around
18MB, not a big number on my 392MB ram box. i check free and there are
still ~200MB available.

it is a fedora core 2 box with 2.6.8 kernel and lvm2. but i donot think
this is a fc specific problem.

thanks.

Ming