Update: [dm-devel] Disk io deadlocks during large-file io

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Apr 26 18:57:41 UTC 2005

On 2005-04-26T19:13:31, Mikael Andersson <mikael at karett.se> wrote:

> With md raid1 instead of dm-mirror i get no lockups during similar
> workloads or any other workload i've managed to produce. Everything is
> the same except that i'm using md instead of dm-mirror.

That's not very surprising. md is still the preferred framework for
raidN as of now, and I'm not sure that will change soon.

(Yes, consolidating the stack and everything would be nice, but I don't
see anyone with time on his hands to go do it ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering