[dm-devel] what's up with pp_balance_units?

k-ueda at ct.jp.nec.com k-ueda at ct.jp.nec.com
Fri Apr 29 15:31:44 UTC 2005

Hi Christophe,

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:40:51 +0200, christophe varoqui wrote:
> You need to recheck with 0.4.5-pre1, as it is now allowed and encouraged
> to have (null) prio callouts. Does that look good ?

Yes, that does.
I confirmed that priority is set by "1", if I removed
"default_prio_callout" from multipath.conf.

But, it may be better if user can specify null callout explicitly.
Because, for example, user may want to specify that default is
"pp_balance_units" but no callout is used for specific devices
like following.

defaults {
    default_prio_callout   "/sbin/pp_balance_units %d"
}
devices {
    device {
        prio_callout       ""