Re: [dm-devel] LVM Multipathing

I was thinking about that part :

---

3. LVM2 doesn't see my multipathed devices as PV, what's up ?

By default, lvm2 does not consider device-mapper block devices (such as a dm-crypt device) for use as physical volumes.

In order to use a dm-crypt device as an lvm2 pv, add this line to the devices block in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

types = [ "device-mapper", 16 ]

If /etc/lvm/lvm.conf does not exist, you can create one based on your current/default config like so:

lvm dumpconfig > /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

(tip from Christophe Saout)
---

... then again,

"you need to exclude the paths from the scaning"

regards, cvaroqui

shahid shaikh wrote:

Hello,

I seen FAQ. Part relevant to me from FAQ (copied below) consist semething
related to files /etc/mkinitrd/modules and
/etc/mkinitrd/scripts.
But these files are not peresnt at the given location on my system.
I have installed udev-021-36.32 and multipath-tools-0.2.1 ( one which come
bundled with SLES9).
Please let me know why they are not present over. is there something still
missing?
Or i need install something else ( obviously excluding OS)?