[dm-devel] dm panic debugging

Hi All,,

I'm trying to debug this panic that I emailed the list about the other day... I've gotten a little way with KDB - just wondering if there's someone familiar with the internals of dm-raid1 that I can bounce things off as I find them (lest something I find jog inspiration with someone who actually knows what's going on!).

The crash occurs here in rh_dec(), called by mirror_end_io():

if (atomic_dec_and_test(&reg->pending)) {

Because reg is a null pointer, returned by __rh_lookup()

That's as far as I have gotten so far :)

The crash is not complicated to reproduce but it does take quite a while doing heavy i/o before it crops up. So it might be an hour or so before I can get back into my KDB session with the same problem (there is a deadlock problem as well triggered by the same steps).

Anyway - if someone is willing to lend a hand please let me know!!!

Cheers,
Tim

--
   tim burgess anu edu au         ANU Supercomputer Facility
   Phone: +61 2 6125 1431           and APAC National Facility