[dm-devel] 2.6.10-udm1

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Thu Jan 13 08:57:50 UTC 2005

>>   If there is a local path and a remote iscsi path to the

[...]

> I can't image a valid useful scenario where a LU can be presented
> through different controler models or through different kernel
> subsystems.

Yes, this is true. But it is better to consider all the possibilities.
For example, if we suppose a scenario where scaling to a redundant storage
subsystem is very very expansive for a small business we may suppose a first
phase where we have single controller/switch/hba per host etc. and a cheap
backup low-prioirty iSCSI path.
In a second phase we can upgrade the hw and buy the second
hba/controller/switch and so on.
Apparently it may be proper the hw-handler is on the iscsi server machine
and the problem is solved, but i do not know if in the future, different
scenarios may change this assumption.

Regards

    Nicola Ranaldo