[dm-devel] several small issues

goggin, edward egoggin at emc.com
Fri Jul 8 04:09:37 UTC 2005

Christophe,

(1) Could you initialize di_flag to 0 in main() of multipath/main.c or
else "multipath -l" and "multipath -ll" use a non-deterministic flags
value for path discovery?

(2) Could you append a "\n" to the logging string in the call to condlog()
from
get_word() in libmultipath/util.c?  Doing so helps the readability of the
event
log when starting multipathd with "-v4".

(3) Could you change checkerloop() in multipathd/main.c to call LOG_MSG
with the checker message if the path state is failed?  This would be useful
for administrators and it also helps our debugging -- it helps point out
cases
where multipathd may think a path's checker state is failed even when
"multipath -l" shows otherwise.

(4) The multipathd is dying when I send it a "show paths" or "display paths"
message.  I haven't debugged it to know what's wrong.

Ed