[dm-devel] queue_if_no_paths timeout handling

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Jul 26 18:07:42 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-25T14:41:35, Christophe Varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr> wrote:

> Maybe I miss some important point already raised in the past, but ...
> How about adding more params to queue_if_no_path ? eg,
>
> - timer value
> - pending io queue length
>
> That way kernel is kept free from policies,

If the timer value is handled inside the kernel, that would help. The
response it triggers could be the same like the user-space-to-kernel
heartbeat I described.

The pending queue length is probably not a good measure, I think, but it
would be cheap to add.

> and the framework survives a daemon crash.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering