Re: [dm-devel] StorageWorks multipath support

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 03:15:20PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2005-06-15T10:56:34, Christophe Varoqui <christophe varoqui free fr> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > here is a note describing the lego blocks needed to have a fully
> > operational multipath stack with StorageWorks and Qlogic hardware.
>
> Christophe, is the "ghost" denomination there to stay?
>
> If so, the passive paths (ie, to the non-active Service Processor) of
> the EMC CLARiiON also might wish to use this...

I'm not attached to the ghost term, but what it describes is here to stay.

This state has a special treatment in the daemon : paths in this state are kept in active state in the DM, instead of proactively being failed. This is for the hwhandler to be given a chance to activate a PG with only ghost paths in it.

If you come with a better term, I'll sure consider it. Maybe "spare" ?

Regards,
cvaroqui