[dm-devel] adding mirroring feature

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 20:25:58 UTC 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 8:53 AM, pritam bhavsar wrote:

> I am adding the mirroring feature to LVM2 tools that means creating a
> LV on VG that contains two PVs and whatever data I am writing to LV it
> should get mirrored to the second PV under the same VG..

For user-space (lvm2 tools):
Mirroring is being actively worked on.  There is a bit of clean-up to
be done followed by the push to include the changes in the main
repository.  We are hoping that they will start appearing over the
coming weeks.

>  for this purpose I have already developed the command for lvcreate
> but I am not getting the idea about where to make changes in dm ...
> can anybody help me...that where should I make changes in dm files etc
> etc?

What changes are you looking to make in dm?  I am currently working to
ready the mirror target for general use (dm-raid1.c dm-log.c).

  brassow