[dm-devel] Performance and HSV100

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Oct 18 09:25:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm getting poor performance from a qla2340 adapter attached to a 2GB
switch and an EVA3000 behind it, so I hoped to improve it by pulling
from both active paths. The host is RHEL4U2 dual opteron using 0.4.5
multipath tools.

I used group_by_serial and had some improvement, but less than I
hoped. I remember that there were some performance issues with
group_by_serial and storageworks tagged as 20% loss. Is this still
true?

A bit off-topic, but I'm trying to benchmark the throughput. Does
anyone have numbers for qla2340/brocade 2GB/HSV100 or a pointer?

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net