RE: [dm-devel] RAID5 support ?

On Behalf Of Alan Hourihane
> Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:41 AM
> To: dm-devel redhat com
> Subject: [dm-devel] RAID5 support ?
>
> I read on September 23rd that NVIDIA spoke about the need to support
> RAID5 in device-mapper and that RedHat was going to speak to them
about
> supporting it.
>
> How far has this got ? as I can't see anything in CVS yet.

We are working closely with Heinz Mauelshagen of RedHat on RAID5
support. Heinz is working hard to get a RAID5 target ready for testing.
We don't know the exact schedule yet, but do hope to have something
reasonably stable within a couple months. Sorry our efforts won't help
with your immediate needs. Please stay tuned...

Regards,
Jane Liu
--------
NVIDIA Corporation