[dm-devel] [RFC][multipath-tools] device nodes

Hello,

I strongly question the need to keep the multipath.dev udev trigger
around : it was initially intented to create a meaningful name in /dev
for a new multipath map. But a meaningful name is what appears
in /dev/mapper/ anyway.

Can we all agree to use those /dev/mapper/ nodes for multipath ?

If so, I'll also kill the devmap_name/ source subtree, redundant with
dmsetup(8) and whose slimness just lost interest.

Regards,
cvaroqui