[dm-devel] Multipath blacklisted devices

Arsene Gschwind arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch
Sat Apr 22 11:49:03 UTC 2006

Hi Christophe,

I've found the problem, my entry in multipath.conf was devnode_blacklist
{ } and it should be only blacklist{}.
You may have to correct multipath.conf.synthetic provided by the tarball
( and the git version) because I've used that file to create my own and
it includes this error.

Thanks a lot for your help and work
Arsène

Christophe Varoqui wrote:

> URZ- AG a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the latest git version of multipath-tools with a 2.6.16
>> kernel.
>> Today I've tried to blacklist a scsi device in the multipath.conf
>> file using the following entry:
>>        devnode "^(sda)[0-9]*"
>>
>> This didn't work at all, it seems that multipath doesn't use the
>> blacklist entries found in multipatch.conf.
>> I've patched the source code to hardcode that device and this works
>> well.
>> I've tried to debug the config loading but my C knowledge is too poor
>> and I haven't been able to find out whats wrong so far.
>> Any help for debugging would be greatly apreciated, I've tried to
>> write some code which dumps all entries read from the config file but
>> it didn't work so far.
>>
>> Thanks for your time and great work,
>> Arsène
>>
>> --
>>
> It works here :(
> Try to extract the live blacklist with :
>
> # multipathd/multipathd -k"show conf"
> blacklist {
>        devnode ^(sda)[0-9]*
>        devnode ^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*
>        devnode ^hd[a-z]
>        devnode ^cciss!c[0-9]d[0-9]*
>        wwid 26353900f02796769
>        device {
>                vendor IET
>                product A.*A
>        }
>        device {
>                vendor DGC
>                product LUNZ
>        }
> }
>
> Regards,
> cvaroqui
>
> --

Gschwind Arsene
Universitaet Rechenzentrum (URZ)
Klingelbergstrasse 70
CH-4056 Basel
SWITZERLAND

Languages : F/E/D
WWW:  <http://www.urz.unibas.ch>
Mail: <Arsene DOT Gschwind AT unibas DOT ch>