[dm-devel] clvmd "broken" after device-mapper up2date

Steve Powell rspowell at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 25 19:41:07 UTC 2006

I have two servers running RedHat AS 4. Below is a table showing versions
of software:

Server1                         Server2
update 2                        update 3
device-mapper.1.02.02           device-mapper-1.01.04
lvm2.2.01.12                    lvm2.2.02.01
GFS-6.1.2                       GFS-6.1.2

When server 2 was upgrade to the new versions, clvmd would no longer
start; I recevied the error message:

/usr/sbin/vgchange: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/liblvm2clusterlock.so:
undefined symbol: malloc_aux

With these servers being clustered, do both have to be at the same rev for
all these packages? If Iupgrade server #1, will I break GFS there?

Is there a DM command I can run that will restore the original VG/LV/PVs?