[dm-devel] EMC CX LUN problem

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Wed Jan 25 01:16:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

>>I'm trying to configure a new emc cx storage, I have the following:
>>

>>I defined two lun on the storage however I'm able to see only one LUN
>>
>>multipath -l show the following:
>>
>>multipath -l
>>mail (36006016086f01600e46f567adb8cda11)
>>[size=150 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="1 emc"]
>>\_ round-robin 0 [active]
>> \_ 1:0:1:0 sdd 8:48  [active][ready]
>> \_ 1:0:1:1 sde 8:64  [active][ready]
>> \_ 2:0:1:0 sdh 8:112 [active][ready]
>> \_ 2:0:1:1 sdi 8:128 [active][ready]
>>\_ round-robin 0 [enabled]
>> \_ 2:0:0:0 sdf 8:80  [active][ready]
>> \_ 1:0:0:0 sdb 8:16  [active][ready]
>> \_ 1:0:0:1 sdc 8:32  [active][ready]
>> \_ 2:0:0:1 sdg 8:96  [active][ready]

did you probably just share one raid group via 2 LUNs? Then the output
of multipath is imho indeed right. For me it shows the setup you've
described - one raidgroup, shared via 2 LUNs (usually one per default on
SP A, one on SP B, attached via 2 paths per SP to a switch, accessed
from your server via 2 HBAs.
If you have access to the Navisphere cli tool - please post the output of

./navicli -h IP_OF_ONE_OF_YOUR_SPs getlun

I think this will show that my hint is right.
Imho you want to create a second raid group and share it via 2 LUNs, too.

>http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=TestedEnvironments

I hope there's nothing wring with the stuff I've written about the
EMC/CX in there, if you find anything please let me know - I don't look
in there often.

Hope that helps,

best regards

Bernd