[dm-devel] in-code default value for no_path_retry parameter

Hi Alasdair

We can set “no_path_retry” to “fail” or “queue” or <num> from /etc/multipath.conf file. But we can’t set any in-code default value as we do for other variables in setup_default_hwtable(..) in libmultipath/hwtable.c, rather “features” parameter has to be set to either NULL or “1 queue_if_no_path”.  Also the value is applied to DM devices only when the no_path_retry is configured via defaults section in /etc/multipath.conf file. There is no change in DM device map properties if “no_path_retry” is configured elsewhere other than default section.  Do I need to submit a bugzilla for this?

Thanks and regards
-Murthy