[dm-devel] Next set of device-mapper patches

Singh, Santosh (STSD) santosh.singh3 at hp.com
Mon Jul 3 16:29:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I am able to bind the dm device with  raw device successfully but when
trying to open in READ/WRITE mode , the application is not able to open
. For binding the raw device I have used the  RAW_SETBIND/RAW_GETBIND
ioctls.

raw -qa  shows the raw device is bounded to device-maper device.
[root at ioctl]# raw -qa
/dev/raw/raw1:  bound to major 253, minor 1

[root at ioctl]#ls /dev/mapper/mpath103 -l
brw-rw----  1 root disk 253, 1 Jul  3 16:18 /dev/mapper/mpath103

If any one used the raw device which is bound to device-mapper device
using the RAW_SETBIND/RAW_GETBIND,please help.

TIA
Santosh