[dm-devel] RE: Bug in multipath detecting devices

Jeff Gibson jgibson at spscommerce.com
Mon Jul 31 23:14:08 UTC 2006

The need is Oracle.  We're running an Oracle RAC configuration which
needs the device numbers for it's raw partitions and especially for
ASMlib.  If the device numbers change very bad things could happen.
Since multipath is probably used more for enterprise applications I
would think this would be a concern.

I don't understand what you mean about the names being static if they
start pointing to different devices.