Re: [dm-devel] Next set of device-mapper patches

Hello,

ioctl patch simple route ioctls to underlying block device
-> it supports all ioctl which are supported by your physical device.

e.g.
in simple case you have volume /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol0
mapped to physical device /dev/sda, inquiry ioctl (using tools from sg3_util)
sg_inq /dev/sda is the same as
sg_inq /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol0

In the case of multipath target ioctl command is sent through
active path.

This patch doesn't add some special ioctls to manage dm devices yet.

Milan

--
Milan Broz
mbroz redhat com

Singh, Santosh (STSD) wrote:
 Hi Broz,

I build  the device-mapper ioctl patches created  by you & Alasdair. I
am able to load the modules but wanted to know how to  use the ioctl
call or how to issue the  ioctl call on the device mapper devices.

Thanks & Regards
Santosh Singh
Hewlett-Packard