[dm-devel] multipath and san fabric

John Little jslittl at hendricks.org
Tue Nov 14 13:09:20 UTC 2006

Hi all

Wow.  thanks for the responses...

James Smart <James.Smart at Emulex.Com> wrote on 11/13/2006 02:54:15 PM:

> [...]

Ok I'm new to SAN and multipathing so maybe it's just the way it is worded.
Here is what we have and the instructions that were given to me.
####
FCSW00 xxx.xxx.xxx.233 Fabric A
FCSW01 xxx.xxx.xxx.234 Fabric B
FCSW02 xxx.xxx.xxx.235 Fabric A
FCSW03 xxx.xxx.xxx.236 Fabric B

to a port on SPA and one is zoned to a port on SPB We have a CX600 which has
4 ports per SP. So, it could be zoned to SPA0 (0-3)and SPB0(0-3)
####

If I understand correctly what I have is Example 2 (typo corrected).  Then I
would, for an hba connected to Fabric A on a port on FCSW00, setup a zone on
FCSW00 and another on FCSW02.  The same would apply for the hba in Fabric B
using FCSW01 and FCSW03.

Is this correct or am I still lost?

Thanks,
John