Re: [dm-devel] Where did /dev/dm-X go?

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 03:09:11PM -0600, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
I have been using the dm-crypt interface to perform disk encryption.
For example, I helped add dm-crypt/LUKS support to HAL[1].

Recently, I have found the cryptsetup no longer creates /dev/dm-X.
Instead, the only device node created by the utility is /dev/mapper/Y
(both were created previously.)  I am using an up to date Fedora Core 6.

I am trying to figure out what user-space tool/library was responsible
for creating /dev/dm-X and why this device node is no longer created when
I create a dm-crypt device.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?
you probably have an udev rule that ignores dm-[0-9]
L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.