Re: [dm-devel] SCSI Sense patch

bart brooks wrote:
> Hi Alasdair,
>
> I take it you are referring to the addition of “bi_error” to the bio
> data structure.
> Any idea when an alternate solution will be available, is it still in
> the discussion phase ?

I did two possible alternatives when trying to think of a way around
KABI. You can find them here

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~michaelc/block/dm/rhel4/

I am not pushing either approach right now since one is a crazy ugly
hack (u3-bio-sense/) that I do not want to maintain or try to completely
test for something like RHEL. The other possibility (u3-blkerr) is nicer
but needs to be fixed up for some cases and needs lots of testing. The
latter approach is also a little hacky since I had to work around the
KABI restrictions but I do not think it is as evil as the u3-bio-sense
approach.