Re: [dm-devel] Re: dm-devel : disks being taken over by dm-raid/dm at boot.

Tim Kirk wrote:
I thought I'd stopped dmraid, but it was still registering the drives
it seems. I simply commented the dmraid startup lines out of /etc/
rc.sysinit and everything seems to be working how I want it to now.

There must be a nicer way of telling dmraid to leave things alone,
but I couldn't find one and as this is working [...snip...]

# dmraid --help | grep erase
       {-E|--erase_metadata}

If you erase the RAID metadata on the drives, dmraid will cease to
consider them RAID devices.