Re: [dm-devel] Problem when creating snashots

Where can I find this patch? I'd like to test it..

Le 27 sept. 06 à 12:36, Milan Broz a écrit :

The problem with limited number of snapshots is caused by the using
big common mempool in dm-io module.
(This can happen even you have a lot of free memory...)

There are new dm-io patches which introduce new dm-io interface
(using private mempools) and solving this type of snapshot limitation.

Patches are currently in review and will probably change a bit,
but I hope it will in 2.6.19 kernel.

Milan

--
mbroz redhat com

The MoonSeeker napsal(a):
Yes I really need it. I have to create a virtual network editor for my diploma project. So I have found many virtual solutions but the bestest for our project is OpenVZ. Unfortunatly, OpenVZ don't offer the copy on write with his solution, after many tests, I have found a solution based
on LVM.

The main idea is to have a Virtual Private Server Core and lot of
Virtual Private Server who are a snapshot of the Virtual Server Core.
Now the problem is the limitation of VLM, I need more than 32 servers
(32 snapshots). Will this limitation incresed in futur futur released of
LVM? Or can we broke this limitation?

Have you a solution, it's relly urgent for me...

Thanks you