[dm-devel] LVM on dmraid breakage

I am investigating a bug report involving the combination of lvm and dmraid, and it seems to me that the problem is that lvm is detecting the underlying partition on the primary disk and accessing it directly rather than going through the raid device made by dmraid. I think that the problem is there is no facility for dmraid to "claim" the physical disk so that lvm does not look at it, and also to have lvm scan the raid device for physical volumes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this might be accomplished?