[dm-devel] Maximum number of MD devices

Hi all,

We are currently using Linux kernel 2.6.20-rc6 and EVMS 2.5.4 (which
internally uses device mapper) for volume management. On running the
command for creating volumes in EVMS, we find that after around 230
volumes, EVMS starts reporting that the whole region (md/md0 for
example) has become corrupt.

Is there a maximum limit on the number of devices that device mapper
will create that is triggering this error message? If so, are there
ways to increase the limit?

Please let us know your inputs as it is very critical for us to
increase this limit.

Thanks in advance,

Srini