[dm-devel] lvm2 behavior (rhel5.1)

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 29 02:09:42 UTC 2007

I created a volume group named 'test' and a mirror logical volume.
Mounted the logical volume and then removed a mirror device by echoing 1
to its corresponding 'delete' file in the sysfs file system
(/sys/class/scsi_device/...). Now vgs command does NOT list the volume
group at all and fails with few "Couldn't find device with uuid
'xxxxxxx'" and  Volume group "test" not found error message.  Is this
behavior expected or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Malahal.
PS: I did scsi_host rescan but it showed up as a device with different
major/minor number (it could not have deleted the old one as it was busy.)