[dm-devel] Re: 2.6.24-rc4-mm1

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Dec 7 20:28:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:44:29 +0100, Kay Sievers said:

> > Anybody got any brilliant ideas? :)
>
> I guess it's nash again, which version is it?

Confirmed - nash again.  6.0.9 does not work, upgrading to 6.0.19 works.

init/Kconfig says this for SYSFS_DEPRECATED (which is where I got lead astray,
as most of my laptop is Fedora Rawhide and therefor "released this week"):

          If you are using a distro that was released in 2006 or later,
          it should be safe to say N here.

nash 6.0.9 came out in April 2007, and I suspect, but can't prove, that the
relevant change was this one:

* Mon Aug 27 2007 Peter Jones <pjones at redhat.com> - 6.0.12-2
- Fix segfault in scsi vpd probe code
- Fix block device creation

That was just over 3 months ago.  We probably need to fix that help text,
but I admit not being sure what guidance we should give now....