[dm-devel] Re: Problem with Multipath on Hitachi DF600F (Stefan Bader)

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Tue Jul 24 17:19:51 UTC 2007

Thanks. I installed pp_hds_modular v2.00 and updated multipath.conf to use
the queue_if_no_path option.

I'm not using Qlogic hba's, but Emulex LPe11000-S instead. Could this be
part of the problem?

Btw, multipath -ll reported the failed path as back online before the
second controller on the DF600 was taken offline. We also have a Solaris 9
machine running storage foundation with dmp connected to the df600 and it
didn't have any issues. The sf dmp took longer to detect the path was back
online, so we waited longer for it to enable the path before taking the
second controller offline.