[dm-devel] New multipath-tools release?

Guido Guenther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue Jul 31 07:18:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 04:49:07PM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> In priciple a good idea. However, I do have some to-do items on my list
> yet:
>
> - netlink messages: The FC transport class has a netlink interface
>   nowadays. It may be an idea to utilize this information in to update
>   the path status.
> - Enhance path checker. Currently the path checker is run at periodic
>   intervals regardless of the path state. This leads to quite some
>   load on systems with many paths, even when all paths are healthy.
>   We should rather call the path checker only if a path has failed,
>   as we're being notified by a failed path soon enough via I/O errors.
>   And we might even be using the netlink events from FC here, too.

My point exactly: let's tag a new stable version and add these nice
things to the (then) next release. I think the stability of the master
branch improved quiet a bit during the last couple of commits, It'd be
nice to have this out of the door for distributions to build upon before
doing more intrusive changes again.
Cheers,
 -- Guido