[dm-devel] Question about NetLink

Mike Anderson andmike at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 12 19:37:45 UTC 2007

Wood, Brian J <brian.j.wood at intel.com> wrote:
> Hello, Alasdair recently said that device-mapper was moving to the a
> netlink event reporting model (and I see the patches have been posted).
> I found an article (2 years old) describing this at:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7356. I wanted to read up on this
> and wondered if this article was a good starting point.

I found that it was easier to use the libnl interface.
http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/libnl/

I have previously posted a test program using the libnl interface with the
dm netlink patches. You should be able to find the program in the
archives.

or

I updated the demo program some so ping me if you would like an updated
copy.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson