[dm-devel] 4k block LUN problem

Vassar, Bob Robert.Vassar at am.sony.com
Wed Jun 13 19:17:25 UTC 2007

Hello Alasdair,

I have used tur and this allows the system to boot. When I run "ll
/dev/mpath* I see the dm device created. All appears to be working OK.
Fdisk also reports the same number of devices as paths to the device.
When I try to make the file system (ext2 or 3) the make fails on writing
super blocks.

If I remove the multipath.conf file and make a file system on the 4k
block sd device the file system makes and I can read/write to the
device. As soon as try this again with the device-mapper the process
fails.

If I reformat the LUN as 512byte blocks the device-mapper works and I
can make the file system.

Thanks,

Bob