Re: [dm-devel] Does dm handle tape devices?

lemons_terry emc com <lemons_terry emc com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to provide persistent binding / persistent device naming for tape devices in Linux environments.  Does device mapper provide some facility for this, or is DM only for disk devices?

Device mapper is only for block devices.

I saw your similar question on the udev list. Is there some reason that
udev will not provide a id that you can use. If not you can alter the
udev rules (or add your own) to provide a persistent id for your
environment.

-andmike
--
Michael Anderson