[dm-devel] NIC and HBA based multipathing

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:08:00 UTC 2007

On Nov 1, 2007 3:57 PM, Mike Anderson <andmike at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Are you using "devnode_blacklist" as indicated in the instructions.
>
> I believe this is incorrect and you should use something like:
>
> blacklist {
>         devnode "sda"
> }

Thanks, Mike, I was just about to give this a try when I came upon
another problem (unrelated to MPIO, though).  The server was down, and
ever since bringing it back online I've been unable to get the HBA to
mount.  I disabled the iSCSI initiator for the NIC so that I'm only
dealing with the HBA, but I get this error:

# mount /dev/sdb1 /sanHBA
mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /sanHBA busy

I did a fresh config using the iscli tool, and /dev/sdb1 was the
resulting partition that it found.

Thanks,
Scott