Re: [dm-devel] Release Notes of Red Hat 4.6

* Domenico Viggiani

> I was reading release Notes of Red Hat 4.6 (just released):
>
> * implicit active-active failover (ALUA) using dm-multipath on EMC
> Clariion storage is now supported
>
> Can some good soul explain me the consequences of this?

I wrote a bit about ALUA and how it works on the CLARiiON yesterday:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.devel/4366/focus=4435

I'm not completely sure how it behaves when using the ALUA hardware
handler compared to using no hardware handler, though.  Maybe Hannes
Reinecke can elaborate a bit on that.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson