[dm-devel] RDAC 09.01.B5.55 with RHEL4 reboot time

Chandra Seetharaman sekharan at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 1 17:20:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

The RDAC driver you are referring to is an independent driver that
supports DS4K.

Whereas the RDAC driver being talked in this mailing list works under
DM-Multipath.

Please contact your IBM contacts w.r.t the differences in behavior w.r.t
the different RDAC driver versions you have.

regards,

chandra
On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 15:40 +0300, Voiper wrote:
> Dear,
>
> Sorry if this is not the proper list, but I have seen people here
> talking about RDAC, and some of them are IBM engineers.
>
> We have a linux RHEL4 cluster connected to DS4800
> We have RDAC version 09.01.B5.55, and Qlogic 2300 drivers, kernel
> 2.6.9-42.ELsmp.
> We have noticed that the reboot might take 30 minutes, while with RDAC
> version 09.01.B5.30 it takes much shorter time.
>
> Anyone has experienced this before ??
>
> --

    Chandra Seetharaman               | Be careful what you choose....
              - sekharan at us.ibm.com   |      .......you may get it.